few questions for a newb????

jackdaddy

Dec 25, 2013
I have one season under my belt as an elk hunter now being from Missouri this is a hole new ball game hunting in Colorado, now after one trip my dadcouple buddies along with my self are hooked for life but are still very much learning the ins and outs of hunting elk in Colorado. Now my questions are should we more focus on buddy hunting we just hit the ground running in 4 different directions. I think we let our Missouri background influence the way we hunted Colorado, now I did walk out with a 7x7 hunting solo but think we could have a lot better success together 2 shooters me calling and a camera man. But any opinions on this would be great.

Attachments

• 882439_2943859370964_1458133435_o.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
It depends if your Bow or Gun hunting ?. if your bow hunting I would hunt with a partner. to call set up 50 to 75 yards behind.
with a Gun alone is fine.

Kevin

First congrats on a nice elk. Me and my four sons bow hunt elk with a couplefriends. I will partner up with one of my boys mostly to spend time hunting with them. We have had a lot of fun and success doing so. I do like to hunt by myself here and there. It does something for me hunting alone on the mountains I grew up on. My wife dosnt like it. But she understands why I do it.

I'm with you old carp! I like the solo thing too and my wife hates it.  I always go up and camp with a friend or two, but I like going out on my own during the day.

I'd say if you're trying to get any quality video it makes sense to have a partner calling and filming behind a shooter.  My dad and I are getting more and more into the filming hunts fad and having some fun, but not specifically picking a video man and a shooter ruined our filming this year.  Bull came in and all bets were off.  I'd say pick roles and keep to it.  You'll get better results.

I was by my self when this bull came around but I'd have to say there is something to just getting some aloe time out there but I really enjoyed teaming up with my old man and buddy

Thanks for all the congratulations guys, montana we have 2 guys coming that want to do nothing but film and I am hell bound on calling there's just something about calling in one of these animals let alone for my dad or buddy. We have all talked and a camera man in side pocket with each shooter then me behind calling, there good bunch of guys no selfish shooters in the group

From a Missouri boy to a Missouri boy AWEsome bull great job! i say choosing a elk hunting buddy is more difficult than choosing a wife and should be made with the same things in mind. Some one who pushes you and you push when each is weak supportive can stand your smelly but after a few days with no shower knows how you move in the woods communicate with out speaking and will never quit you. which is why i have an elk hunting partner but no wife lol. he also is my turkey hunting partner for those hung up ozark deep woods gobblers. filming or not its  the team work and how you hunt that matters. your partner also can be a big push in getting ready to hike and run those mountains work out together hike back pack etc. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back