Finally it?s 4th Season

Rdub

Oct 21, 2017
The truck is loaded and gassed up, ammunition is reloaded. Reports of the migration in full swing. Heading out in the morning with one stop planned in Craig to stock up on food and gas. Then out to my favorite spot to set up my canvas house in the wilderness and plot my contact with the wily wapiti. This is my favorite time of year. :clap:

Good luck Randy
I hope the migration looks like this for ya

Attachments

• 0F8B9A7C-CD2F-428B-8A1B-D14B65C8753C.jpeg
    0F8B9A7C-CD2F-428B-8A1B-D14B65C8753C.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 8
Weather warmed up, elk were pushed hard in 3rd season. Worked hard to  figure it out. Saturday morning headed off a herd of 20 cows and 6 bulls. 162 yards picked one out, went to take off the safety and it was stuck with dust and dirt. Jacked the bolt back ,banged the rifle butt on the ground to shake it loose. No luck. Over the ridge they went. Cleared the problem and jumped on the quad and took off to head them off on the next saddle. Beat them there and our group took 2 bulls and a cow as they passed. As the herd kept going west it sounded like world war three. Many elk were taken. Sure was warm and dusty. All of the previous weeks snow had melted. Broke camp early this morning and am back on the front range.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back