Finally room for mount

colorado russ

Aug 10, 2017
Well, still in the process of moving/unpacking but making progress. Got the pool cleaned out so I can start shooting \'over water\' and outside yard etc is in pretty good shape. Wife has been killing it on the inside but home office was up to me.

There was only 1 place to hang my elk in our CO home but over the entry way in foyer wasn\'t allowed! So, until now, it has sat in a spare bedroom floor.

Honestly don\'t know where people put 325\" and up bulls without a special trophy room and super high ceilings. These ceilings are 10\' and his nose is right at 6\' off the ground. Oh, well, just glad to have it up and show off! [attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->Earl 1.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment] [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Earl 2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Yeah, his left side is jacked up but adds character! Thought about a cow mount next to it but undecided(means I haven\'t asked the wife yet)!

First and only bull I\'ve taken with my bow - 14 yard shot from tree stand and he didn\'t go 60 yards max.

Now in Oklahoma, I need to start focusing on a nice whitetail for the other wall!

Looks great! I have the PERFECT spot. Actually when we bought the house the guy had a huge 8x7 bull hung there. It looks empty without a giant elk...or deer there.

Now I just need something worthy of the location.

One heck of a dog catcher on the left. Are you missing Colorado yet?

\"Colorado Russ\" said:
Seeing as it\'s been 100 degrees most of this week and some of last, nah, Bill, don\'t miss Colorado much!

That was my first thought.......you probably miss the cool evenings :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back