Fires effecting anyones hunting plans?

grilla

Jul 7, 2015
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/

Archery opens Sept 6 in the panhandle of Idaho. I might have to find some alternate areas to hunt in!

Anyone else's hunt plans effected by the wild fires? I remember we had some fires last year but wasn't this bad / late in the season

It hasn't effected me. We are still planning to head to the same areas. The elk will still be there. A few years ago where I was hunting had really bad fires and I kind of think it helped because I don't think the elk could smell us as good. Just my thoughts.

Not yet, knock on wood (if there is any left), NW WY is prime for it though. Let's hope it holds off for another season.

None in SW MT yet... Everything is still green in our area. However i have been doing backup plans in the event one does lite up

i drew an early cow tag here in central washington. i am hoping and praying for rain and no fires in my area. if it happens i guess plans will change, but the forecast is calling for possible rain this weekend with cooler temps coming. my tag opens monday so i sure hope it comes. this year has been tough, the valley is filled with smoke but so far nothing realy close. all i can do is wait and see

still semi green in my area , a lot of smoke tho, except for low visibility I don't mind the smoke it has helped in the past, I think it mask the smell of me  some. ;) 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back