Fires in the Northwest

IDHUNTER

Aug 24, 2015
Who else is having their season affected by the fires raging throughout the west?  I tried to get into an area where I have trail cameras and where I was planning on setting up a spike camp but the road was closed.  Luckily we have some back up spots and now we're just hoping that the weather cooperates and the fires die down at least at some point before the end of the season.

I haven't seen anything official yet but I hear that timber companies are considering closing all of there private lands in North Idaho even to foot traffic if we don't get rain soon.

Down in southern Idaho where we hunt its very dry and lots of restrictions but it looks like its going to be an amazing season. I feel for the areas affected by the fires. So sad. I'm just worried about an over abundance of hunters due to people not being able to go to their spots because it burned.

Smoke like crazy here in the Missoula/Bitterroot valley in MT. No need for any Scent Away product this season!

Oh, with the closures on the NF of the CDA river hunters will be finding other places which could include mine  :mad:

yeah there is a pretty big chunk of unit 4 in Idaho that's closed. I called the Nat Forest Office today and they said they might be closing more.... :(

Bad smokey here in western Montana.  I hear we can expect a weather change first few days in Sept.  I'm hoping for it, but will probably go out anyway if the woods aren't closed down.

I'm hoping this rain up here in WA will open some country up, but who knows. This summer has been brutal. 

Praying for rain here in Oregon as well! Scary out there, I hope everyone is on their best behavior.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back