First archery animal?

DIRTYSNOMAN

Jan 28, 2013
I know there are posts of 'your first archery buck, or bull or trophy" but What about the first archery kill ever.

I started out hunting rabbits with my bow, just so i could pin point my accuracy and quick ranging.

but I will admit, nothing beat the satisfaction of my first buck.

I started archery hunting when I was 14, and started with very low grade equipment.  I had opportunities, but just didn't feel that confident in my equipment.  Finally bit the bullet and bought a Hoyt.  My first fall with it I finally shot my first animal.  It was an antelope out of a blind on a waterhole.  I was shooting the first one that gave me an opportunity.  Lucked out and killed a very nice buck.  He scored 66 4/8.  4/8 shy of P&Y, and had 0 in. of deductions.  Will most likely be my favorite kill of all time.  It took me just over 10 years.  To date my success continues to rise each fall, which has led me to leave the rifle at home at all costs.

Attachments

• 104_2333(2).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
I believe it was 1969, a deer. there were some small game animals before that, but that was my 1st big game animal.

Kevin

My first bow kill was a coyote while hunting Mule Deer. I have tried many more time to shoot coyotes with my bow without closing the deal.

Pretty sure my first was either a squirrel or a rabbit, but it might have been a whitetail doe. It's been a long time, and I have slept since then.

Ground Squirel 1977 with a 15# fiberglass Indian. I was hooked the minute I launched my first arrow. Forums like this are like walking down memory lane with most of the questions.

Here is my first archery kill. It was quite the glorious day.

Attachments

• 269102_165156576890512_100001885134709_388937_2792494_n.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
My first was a nutria; total luck. I missed the one I was aiming at, but the ground was so frozen, my arrow bounced and drilled the one behind it.

DaveBTS said:
My first was a nutria; total luck. I missed the one I was aiming at, but the ground was so frozen, my arrow bounced and drilled the one behind it.

Texas?

first kill was a squirrel out the back patio window.  My first year I went hunting shot a dandy muledeer, needless to say I was hooked.  (Don't be jealous of my sweet camo setup)

Attachments

• first buck.jpg
    first buck.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1
Shot a chipmunk for my first kill with the bow then numerous squirrels and more small game then a whitetail when I turned twelve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back