first to shoot bow out of the box :)

AWHunt CDAID

Jan 9, 2013
I had originally purchased a Bear Legion 60#(demo model) from Cabelas, but I looked at my receipt and it said 70#.  I called Cabelas about it comes to find out that they had no 70# instock and didn't know when they were going to get them, so i asked them to call me when they got a 70#er in. I just went and picked up my brand new Legion and was the first person to shoot it, good customer service goes along way.

This weekend I will be going and sighting in since it seemed to shoot 10inches low and 10 inches to the left.

Thanks for reading.

Well, I shot the bow and it was pretty poopy so I took it to Blacksheep and had them tune and paper test. Brought it home to shoot and after a few arrows was able to sight it in. You guys tell me if this is acceptable shooting at 10 yards. I have yet to shoot at 20-40 yards due t the wife had to work. But will probably shoot tomorrow to find out what I need to do next..

Any thoughts?

GetAttachment.aspx

Attachments

• 2013-02-16_13-08-12_596.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1
It's a start. You are going in the right direction. Any flaws in your shooting form will show when you move to shooting from 20 and 30 yards. Your goal is to have the size of the arrow grouping in the picture you posted but from 50 or 60 yards, or even further.

I wouldn't shoot any closer than 20 yards to the target and set your pins in 10 yard increments starting at 20 yards.

Good luck and keep posting.

I wouldn't shoot any more groups at 10 yards unless you want to be buying arrows daily. Like ghost said, start at 20 and move back in 10 yard increments.

Good morning and thanks for the input.

I did this in my back yard, I did go out to the woods and shoot; seemed to do OK. I definitely need to work on shooting at a further distance. I will keep posting and I appreciate the reply's.

Have been shooting in the alley behind my house, this is 20 yards. Cannot shoot any further due to safety reasons (residential neighborhood) Any thoughts? :eek:

Attachments

• 2013-04-10_18-34-49_472.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back