five days until turkey opener..wipe my friction with?

elky McElkerson

Mar 13, 2014
i have a GREAT glass call i got for free.
i made up the financial diff, by ordering a custom slate call. i am really a rookie turkey hunter. i took some sandpaper, and cleaned them up. you know that dust you whip up? think it would be wise to take a medical, pre-soaked alcohol wipe to it? seems like it would take off sanding dust and any fingerprint grease.

anyone keep alcohol wipes in their turkey gear bag?

Elky I don`t ever touch my slate or glass calls with any thing but sand paper on glass and use a green scotch brite on my slates. The fine dust does not bother them. I don`t know what the other guys and gals think but I think they sound better with the dust on them, a little more gritt.

\"F M\" said:
Elky I don`t ever touch my slate or glass calls with any thing but sand paper on glass and use a green scotch brite on my slates. The fine dust does not bother them. I don`t know what the other guys and gals think but I think they sound better with the dust on them, a little more gritt.
Indeed!

I lost my carbon striker for my slate call last year.
Can a person just buy a striker?

\"cnelk\" said:
I lost my carbon striker for my slate call last year.
Can a person just buy a striker?

the carbon striker with a black, hollow stick portion? if so, i have one, maybe TWO you can have. i think i just saw it. if i can find it, it is yours\' FREE!!

that is the one striker i cannot run. i sound like a dying duck. lemme look for it at home tonight.

That would be great! Thanks!
I cant go turkey hunting with Buglemaster without a striker :)

yes you can buy them, but i may have one also, i will check when i get home. not sure if i brougth them to co or threw them away. will let you know asap

nope!! that one didnt survive \"the purge\"..my wife\'s anti hoarding campaign.

i did find a 3-pack. from primos. purple heart, one walnut (i think) and one acrylic one..your\'s if you say the word. i dont use any of them.

Geez!
Thanks everyone - I appreciate it!
How \'bout this...
Dave hang on to that one, I may need another by the time we get there :)
Elky, I\'ll send you a PM

it will be a friggen miracle if i hit a turkey..man,i sucked with the bow today!! SUCKED!! i let an arrow drop and i think it \"leveraged\" my nock point off.

i measured and i think i got it back. crazy..i\'m too mental to be a great archer. mental.

my calling is wonderful tho..i\'ll get them to come in and probably wiff an arrow over his head. hahhaha..99% mental. 1% talent. damn.

\"rudyc\" said:
Would a hunk of broken carbon arrow shaft work?

I have some OLD beamon carbons from 1993 with the outserts on them. I am going to cut one and put a piece in a short dowl. They have a thick wall and look just like the strikers. :idea:

Hey F M, I bet you touch it with a stryker! :)

Brad, they are all over in packages and made with different materials for slightly different sounds. Use your elk mouth reeds. you can probably make those sound as good as a slate. Of course the slate will work better for purring!

x3, hollow carbon sucks. i think wood sounds better anyway. brad if you still havnt found one walmart has them, seen some at sportsmans warehouse last week to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back