Fletching glue

mtnmutt

Mar 2, 2014
I damaged my fastset glue\'s applicator, so I had to use other glue in my archery box that is probably 3 years old: Bohning fletch-tite platinum It is horrible. It flows like water and has way too big a hole in the applicator.

At least they are only practice arrows where I was experimenting with a different wrap configuration. I made some awesome ugly arrows.

Oh crap! I didn\'t need the arrows. Now I wish I had waited to buy new fastset gel.

I have some of that as well. What I do is take a tooth pick and break it off in the opening. It will slow the flow down pretty good. Just leave enough sticking out so you can pull it out when you are finished using it.

I started using the Loctite superglue gel. I read some good stuff over on AT and have not been disappointed, in fact, I just used it yesterday and realized it\'s the tube I used last year on some arrows. I was happy to see it was still usable and not dried up.

Original Fletch-Tite has always served me well. Just don\'t let it get over a year or so old on you after you open it. I always buy a new tube when I\'m doing a new batch of arrows. I tried plain old Duco cement from the hardware store once. It worked just as well as the Fletch-Tite.

I never get in a hurry when making arrows so the fast setting stuff is of no use to me. I usually let each fletch set for 15 minutes before moving on to the next one. And I wait 24 hours before shooting them. Never had one fall off yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back