Flying meat home from Colorado

mckayam1

Jan 13, 2018
Going out west to hunt first time.  Colorado  I plan on butchering near into large chunks and getting it frozen some where.  At suggestions on best method to get it home after frozen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

emiller35 said:
Wax boxes, it?s how we are transporting meat from Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And bringing on plane?  Never heard of them.

Yep, let me see if I can dig up a link. We are getting them frozen at a butcher shop and then packing them in wax boxes for air transport.

Here?s a link on rokslide about it

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/caribou/58814-shipping-meat-alaska-lower-48-a.html

emiller35 said:
Yep, let me see if I can dig up a link. We are getting them frozen at a butcher shop and then packing them in wax boxes for air transport.

Here?s a link on rokslide about it

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/caribou/58814-shipping-meat-alaska-lower-48-a.html

Thanks man.  Good on you for the help.

We?ve had meat and fish flash frozen and shipped from AK in the wax cardboard boxes. Worked very well!

WapitiJoeNM said:
Kdkehoe said:
We?ve had meat and fish flash frozen and shipped from AK in the wax cardboard boxes. Worked very well!

What does something like that cost? Is it by the pound or container?

Depends on how it?s shipped or if you decide to check it on the plane. But when we have flown with it it?s been by the dimensions of the box, and weight. I know some guys who go to an air freight route though and depending on how much you have it can be more cost effective.

mckayam1 said:
Ok.  So they are private air freight companies?

Yes, not sure of any in CO, but they do exist

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back