Found some elk !

elkmtngear

Aug 9, 2017
Well, I went back up into Eastern Oregon to check a trail cam I set a couple months back. When I checked the trails, I found that the majority of the elk tracks were taking a different trail than the one I had set up. But, I did manage to get a cow and a calf on the cam. This is exciting for me, because it is an OTC tag only 3 1/2 hours from my home! :dance2:

HUNT0096_zpsa9d91d69.jpg

HUNT0100_zpscb44a3be.jpg

I also attempted to film a new demo while I was there for the SLIP System. My goal was to do the demo in under a minute :haha:

The thing is like an onion...too many layers! I got it edited down to 4 1/2 minutes...best I could do!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_YD5WQtFLs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_YD5WQtFLs&feature=youtu.be

A cow will go off on her own to have a calf. It doesn\'t mean elk will be in that area come hunting season. Not saying they won\'t be there, but no guarantees.

\"Still Hunter\" said:
A cow will go off on her own to have a calf. It doesn\'t mean elk will be in that area come hunting season. Not saying they won\'t be there, but no guarantees.

Yeah, the point is...I found elk close to home. I researched and scouted this area because of a tip from a friend, who could have bowkilled six bulls the last time he was in there during the early archery season (he was scouting for muleys).

To be able to set a camera on a random game trail after two days of scouting around and capture elk, tells me a little about the area.

I am driving over 16 hours to hunt archery elk this Season. This is a two to three year research project for me to find elk closer to home. I think I\'m doing pretty good so far ;)

Cool pics and great video Jeff! All of the different uses for the Slip System is truely amazing. You have provided a lot of options with one fairly simple design, which is pretty neat. And having a celebrity like Billy Crystal do the videos for you is a great idea as well!! :lol:

\"cohunter14\" said:
Cool pics and great video Jeff! All of the different uses for the Slip System is truely amazing. You have provided a lot of options with one fairly simple design, which is pretty neat. And having a celebrity like Billy Crystal do the videos for you is a great idea as well!! :lol:

Yeah, I nearly broke the bank getting him up there for the demo :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back