Frozen meal ideas for hunting.

Derek is spot on about the CostCo carnitas and thanks for the reminder to go get more! There\'s also a brand of tortillas in the refrigerated section that aren\'t fully cooked - think it\'s Tortilla Land and I find at Walmart. Heat up a skillet real hot and they\'ll puff up and cook and a couple of minutes. Much, much better than any packaged tortilla I\'ve found but not really practical for a hunt unless you have a little extra time.

As for the beer brats, I\'ll take some chicken chipotle brats from Sprouts and toss on the hibachi then drink a cold IPA as they cook!!

Dan, when making your breakfast burritos, let the eggs and bacon/sausage all cool down before rolling into your tortilla. This will keep the tortilla from getting soggy and also no condensation in your foil which makes the tortilla stick to the inside. Remembered that as I was making a couple for the weekend.

\"cnelk\" said:
[Whaaaa?????
I hope you use Coors! :haha:

LOL! Yeah, never fun pouring a couple of beers into a pan...but luckily we have enough room to sacrifice two or three beers! Well worth it for the taste of beer brats!

As far as breakfast burritos go, I\'ll throw another suggestion out there: we used to make them completely at home and wrap them in foil. Then we would heat them in the morning and eat them. The problem was you would end up with a cooked tortilla, which didn\'t taste that great and also made for a mess with the tortilla cracking apart. Now, I make most of the burrito at home, but not all of it. I will cook the bacon/sausage/chorizo along with the hash-browns and put it in a gallon ziplock. Then I toss in some green chili and some uncooked eggs. In the morning, I simply dump the bag in a pan. Cook the eggs until they are done and by then everything is warm. Scoop that into a tortilla, add some cheese, and you are all set! Takes about the same amount of time, but tastes way better! Only downfall is that you have a pan to clean when you come back to camp later that day.

Derek,

I am litterally sitting here at work drooling, thinking about adding green chili to my breakfast burritos.

YUM

Cohunter..thanks for the Carnitas idea..i am buying all my camp food at Costco. great idea to hit that section of the store.

i will eat everything on a tortilla.

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
Cohunter..thanks for the Carnitas idea..i am buying all my camp food at Costco. great idea to hit that section of the store.

i will eat everything on a tortilla.

For sure! I forget what the name of it is, but they come frozen so they can be found in the frozen food section, normally by some burritos and stuff I think.

Back