game cam long beards

Zpd307

Aug 7, 2017
I came home from Kansas to a new bushnell game camera!!!!!! look what I have roaming around on my land :D
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->HUNT0004.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->HUNT0005.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
checked the cam today at lunch. a hen came through just earlier at 1105!

Attachments

• HUNT0004.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 162
  • HUNT0005.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 162
Jacob missed one these birds this morning at 10 yards! him and his buddy came in strutting to the decoys with a hen! they just stood there after the shot and eventually just walked off. I came home to hear the story and they were still up in the corner of the pasture, just into the woods.....
I walked out back before heading to work and heard them still fired up after flying down from the roost. kim brought him out to the blind at around 0800 and they came in just before 1000.

Just a thought... For a youngster (and yourself also) the majority of turkey they get a chance to shoot are closer than 40 yards... Most of the time 20 yards or less... If you are using a tight constriction so called turkey chock you are putting the kid at a disadvantage.... I started turkey hunting when fixed choke barrels were all you had to choose from and I used full choke for everything I hunted including ducks... I now very seldom change chokes from duck to turkey season... I shoot either Skeet 1 or IC duck hunting and leave what ever is in to hunt turkey... I just don\'t try to shoot turkey at much more than 20 to 30 yards.... The exception is when I went to Kansas to turkey hunt it was more open and I would use a full choke... Also I used the same HeviShot for both duck and turkey... For turkey and sometimes duck I use 3\" 1 1/4 oz #6 at 1550 fps HeviShot... Most of the time I save money on ducks and shoot Kent Fasteel 3\" 1 1/4 oz #4 at 1425 fps...

All this to say that a bigger pattern at closer range is some times, maybe even most of the time better for kids and even us ol\' folks too... :D :D

phil, I think the main problem was Jacob shooting right handed and being left eye dominant. he was all screwy when aiming. he has since opened up to the idea of shooting lefty, and his shooting has gotten way better!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back