General Advice near Fort Collins CO

publichunter1

Jan 27, 2016
Hey guys,
I am currently in Vicksburg, MS and am moving to Fort Collins to do work with Colorado State for a year in August. I have been hunting whitetail, wild hogs, rabbit, squirrel, alligator, turkey, etc for years but not elk. I had actually already planned my first elk hunt for this upcoming season down in Unit 54 but am now looking tohunt closer to Fort Collins as I won't be able to take enough to go hunt in 54.
I will be busy a lot during the weeks with work and I love to bow hunt so figured I would hunt the archery season to be out there as much as I can and hopefully get to hear them buggling. I get excited just thinking about it. I know it doesn't give me the best odds as far as units to hunt but I am looking at trying to draw the E-E-007-O1-A tag, units 7, 8, 9, 19, 191, due to proximity. It also is an either sex tag and as much as I would like to kill a bull, I would be just as happy with a cow.
Like I said I won't be there until August, but I plan on putting down as much boot leather as my wife and two little boys will let me before September. With that said, this is my first elk hunt and first time to that area of Colorado so any info about the area, elk hunting, or life up there in general would be greatly appreciated. Please just PM me and we can talk over PM, email, text or phone. I can promise you will find out I have already done a lot of homework on elk hunting and the area in general.
Thanks for any help in advance and if not God Bless and happy hunting.

I would advise you to legally smoke a bunch of weed in CO and just wait for the elk to come to you, brother.  :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back