Gila or Chama?

SilverDollars

Sep 3, 2013
Which one of these two areas do you prefer to hunt for 340+ bulls, the Gila or Chama areas of New Mexico, and why? For this next year's hunting season(2014), I will be applying for tags and seriously looking into private ranch hunting. Either way, I want it first rate with an outfitter, guides, etc.  It will be my first (and sadly perhaps only) hunt like this in my life(finances/age).  I got a $8000 budget for the outfitter, hunting license. land owner tags, and fees.  I have a separate budget for transportation, meat processing, taxidermy, etc.  Anyway, where would you like to hunt, the  Gila or Chama areas of New Mexico?

I can get you a hunt here just north of the Gila on private ranches. We have 12 this year and more lined up  for next.
Biggest elk in NM,IMHO. I've been in Chama and the Gila.    PM me

Thank you hank4elk.  Just to make sure, this will be for next year's hunting season(2014). I'm beginning the process of selecting a narrowed list of possible outfitters to question/background/reference for this hunt.

That's the way to do it,check folks out.  This guy we are working with is in RMEF and considered one of the top SCI outfitters in NA.
The good thing about hunting with RO tags is no pressure from draw hunters. And with us putting together a co-op of ranches, we have choices to hunt.  Good Luck.

He is listed in the Bugle.

I am a RMEF member and have worked with them out here in NM. One of the few with that decal on my truck in this county.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back