Gnats!!!

bowhunter

Aug 26, 2015
I have those bothersome Gnats around home each late spring to early summer. Them things are mean! I have had some bite a hole in my arm an drink the blood. I will look down and see one on my arm with half his body buried in my skin! I have tried everything, Vanila, deet, Avon Skin So Soft oil, absorbine jr, Glass cleaners, you name it. Some work for a short while.

Finally I found the cure! I will share it with ya\'ll.

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.pharmapacks.com/products.php?product=Dettol-Topical-Antiseptic-Liquid-25.4-oz&gclid=CNe7-NrxmM0CFYKFaQodffsJIg#.V1hM7NgUW1s\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.pharmapacks.com/products.php ... 1hM7NgUW1s</a><!-- m -->

I dilute it one part Dettol to five parts water. I get small spray bottles ay WalMart for $.96 to put it in.

IT WORKS! And it last a long time even when sweating. Try it!

\"bowhunter\" said:
\"Daved270\" said:
Terry,
Will it work on mosquitos?
We have them bad right now with all the rain we had.

I am not sure. I use DEET for the skeeters.

Dan, I use deet all the time. I work on the railroad and they have some spray\'s that are 100% deet. Warning labels say not to apply 5 days in a row!! :rtfm: :shock:
I\'m always looking for the next best thing!

My Ruger 10/22 has the varnish off of the stock and forearm where my hand are placed. :shock: Deet will do that to a wooden stock. I also had to replace the bellows on my squirrel call too. It kind of just melted the rubber and was real sticky.

The little lessons you learn in life are priceless.

I would think if it works on gnats it will work on mosquitoes... At least here mosquitoes are easier to control than gnats...

East central. Not far from the big river.

Ok, just wondering.

Im headed to NE Iowa, and W Wisconsin to look at land. Leaving in 5 minutes, going to spend three days with the wife looking. :D

\"Don K\" said:
East central. Not far from the big river.

Ok, just wondering.

Im headed to NE Iowa, and W Wisconsin to look at land. Leaving in 5 minutes, going to spend three days with the wife looking. :D

Have fun and good luck. NE Iowa has some nice deer!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back