Go West Young Man...

Mr.BowJangles

Jun 11, 2014
I have had a love for the mountains ever since I can remember and have more recently started considering making a move from Western Michigan to the West. I am cautiously researching jobs, housing, neighborhoods, ect. and don't want to put my family in a bad way, but also don't want to be over cautious and never take a chance on living out my dreams. I did spend a season in Wyoming in my early 20's guiding for an outfitter and have also spent some time in Colorado.

So with that being said, where are the more conservative/family friendly areas in the West to raise a family and seek employment. I have worked at a chemical plant the last 8 years, 5 in operations and 3 in maintenance. I will finish up my Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology and Management this spring and really want to hit the job search hard then. I am looking into Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated!

Based on resident hunting opportunities, I'd pick Idaho. Depending on where you settle, cost of living is not bad. And if you're close to Boise, you might run into Corey.

Montana takes care of it's residents like no other as far as hunting opportunities go. No other state to my knowledge has the biodiversity from east to west. I don't know what kind of job placement you would find in the IE field but would assume between billings, bozeman, helena, miles and missoula you could find something.

Idaho would be a close 2nd.....

One thing about your post that stands out is you said “conservative.” I’m in Oregon and the politics are about to drive me back to Idaho where freedom is still legal. I’ve heard parts of Montana are similar to Oregon in that respect but I cant say from personal experience. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to spend a good deal of time at the Idaho National Lab and I really liked Idaho Falls! Check out their website for possible positions.

Mr.BowJangles said:
So with that being said, where are the more conservative

Does this really matter? We are all humans. Who cares if there are other values laid in there. This country was founded off of numerous different ideas. Just my two cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back