GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!

iccyman001

Apr 30, 2014
It\'s coming guys....

Im getting so excited for it!

I\'ll be starting off here in FL trying to fill some tags on two gobblers. I\'d really like to use my bow for both!
Then I\'ll be heading off to New Mexico, Oklahoma and Kansas to shoot some more!!!!

WHO ELSE IS PUMPED?

dan, you goin for a osceola? if you do you have a shot at gettin ur slam in one year, would be cool. i just have the osceola left for my slam but wont ever get one it the same year.

\"bnsafe\" said:
dan, you goin for a osceola? if you do you have a shot at gettin ur slam in one year, would be cool. i just have the osceola left for my slam but wont ever get one it the same year.

I havent made any contacts yet for osceola. I might do it at some point before I move from Florida, but we will see.
If I ever get anything set up, I will let you know. Then you can get down here and finish your slam!

nope, if you get something set up guard that info like your fav elk spot. but you should get it done while your there, even if you gotta pay to play. its the hard one, all the rest can be had on public land for cheap.

Get an Osceola while you\'re there. I\'ve ran into a few hunters on Missouri public ground from Florida. They complain about lack of places to hunt.

One of these days I\'m gonna make an effort for a slam, doubt I can afford to do it all in one year but I\'m with Scott an Osceola is by far the hardest from what I hear strictly due to access.

I\'m planning on spending more time turkey hunting this year than in prior years. I can\'t wait to get out there!

I plan on trying to do some turkey hunting this spring but I planned on duck hunting this fall too and we see how that worked out.. :downthumb: :downthumb:

At least I want have to rely on how much water we have... :D :D

Gota spot picked out to setup a ground blind.. That way I can set back, wait and hope one comes wandering by... :upthumb: :upthumb:

Im already drooling thinking of the different ways they can be cooked up this year.
Yum yum yum yum!!!!!

i cant wait.

pellet gun ready. bow ready..hell, even my shotgun is ready. if i could pull off the California three weapon slam, i would be stoked. but i dont make that a priority. the weapon really is dictated by my desperation.

it has been raining here for damn near two months straight. i dont know if i should be drawing up plans for an ARK...but anyone know if the rain will help the birds?

my brother if flying into CA. if there is one game animal that is running around with populations unchecked..it is the turkey. in my hood, they are unhuntable and damn near everywhere. it will be a challenge not to poke my pellet gun barrel out my doggie door :)

i have access to a private lot. i taken maybe 11 birds from it over the years. the population is down there a bit. last year was a bust. my first bust.

\"iccyman001\" said:
Im already drooling thinking of the different ways they can be cooked up this year.
Yum yum yum yum!!!!!

Get a pressure cooker for legs and thighs... money!

Chunk up the breast into small pieces, rub with a BBQ rub. Wrap that up in a strip of bacon and throw it on the grill. Lightly drizzle in BBQ sauce when they are close to being done and enjoy.

i cant stand all the pin bones in the drumsticks. damn near inedible.

i breast the bird. usually pound out some flat, bread it and and fry..(panko) for a japanese tonkatsu type dish. pretty epic.

the rest, i grill it all up, and toss it all into a huge stock pot for about 2 gallons of the best stock ever. i might pull out the thighs for some braising tho. thanks for the tip.

I hope to shoot my first with a bow this spring. Have killed more with a shotgun than I could go back and add up.
My dad finished his slam this past spring. Eastern and Osceola on private ground, the others on public out west. I got to call in the Merriams for him - it was a great hunt. Just a few months and the season will be open here in MO.

--Mitch

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back