Gobble gobble

colorado russ

Aug 10, 2017
Spring turkey season opens here 4/9 so seemed early to me for toms to be gobbling and strutting.  Granted, I don't hunt turkeys very often - more like if one walks under my treestand in the fall then an arrow is going that direction!

Was going to outdoor show with a buddy and had to slow down in the road to let 4-5 hens cross.  Glanced to my left and there were 4 toms just gobbling and strutting away!  I couldn't tell what length beards but they aren't jakes.  Neighborhood has about 30 birds that go back and forth between acreages.

May need to go get my double bull blind setup!

I saw one in town strutting away as well the other day! Seemed way early as well since our season opens April 14.

Ohhhhh boy!!!!! I am getting fired up to chase some feathered elk!  :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Drew a tag where I have some on camera throughout the fall. We will see what happens in the spring! Looking to land my first bird.

Counting the days till VA turkey season. I live in a area that is exceptional turkey hunting. Any one ever in the area and wants to go let me know. Love to get someone new they're first bird!

Went out and scouted/put out some cameras today. Checking out new areas is always a blast!

Anyone want to share some info on some CO OTC units? I haven't gone for turkey's before but would certainly like to get into it in the future.

Elk Noob said:
Anyone want to share some info on some CO OTC units? I haven't gone for turkey's before but would certainly like to get into it in the future.

Hunting turkey on the Front Range can be pretty tough. Its better on the western slope

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back