Good Boots

Mark Z

Jan 17, 2013
My best boots ever have died. How has a brand that they have been very pleased with? What are they and why/

Just started using Zamberlin this year. They are pretty snug but they are hand made and extremely light weight.  Just taking awhile to break in. 

I wear Kenetreks and I absolutely love them. They have held up amazingly since I got them. I have put on quite a few miles on them and they just keep getting better.

I wear Cabelas Elk Hunter Uninsulated. Good snug fit, not too heavy(about 4 pounds I think), great traction, and waterproof. I only wore them a dozen times before heading to the mountains, but they wore good. No blisters. Feet did have calluses after a week of climbing steep rocky mountains above the treeline. Overall happy. Cost was $250.

Crispi hunters, they feel like your favorite running shoe and make you feel like a big horn sheep on the hills. Always upgrade the insole and wear top of the line socks like Fit co.

After going through a couple pair of Danners and having them leak after the first year I switched to Meindle Denalis last year.  They were great and no leaks yet.  They are the most comfortable and supportive boots I've had yet, still look like new too.  I'm hoping to get a few more years out of them.

You cannot go wrong with Kennetrek boots. The best I have ever had. The way the boot is designed rolls as you hike so you are not bending your toes near as much.

I have used Danners for a while but they leaked alot on my Elk hunts to colorado so I will try kenetrek boots. 

I have actually had pretty good luck with the Cabelas Whitetail Hunters, comfy and provide good support. I broke my ankle and had to have two surgeries so I needed something with good ankle support and let me still walk quietly.

I had some Cabelas speed hunters for a couple years but they are not as durable as my Kennetreks. They were a great light weight shoe for early season scouting.

It all depends on a few factors such as your style of hunting (treestand or short pushes through forgiving terrain vs. long treks over rugged terrain), the weather you hunt in, and how much weight you carry in your pack, among others. I recently started doing longer pushes into more remote rugged areas and saw fit to go with a more premium boot. After quite a bit of research I opted for Crispi Nevadas. No regrets. They are very comfortable carrying my loaded bivy pack, have great ankle support for a mid height boot, perform well on rugged terrain, are waterproof of course, and were in my price range.

Kenetrek!!!  Most comfortable boot I have ever owned!!  The only complaint I have about them is I wish the were like White boots on their rebuild!!  When you rebuild your Kenetrek's, you still have to pay half price for the build!!  White boots are just the shipping cost to and from them and the rebuild is free!!  Don't seem like much but with Kenetrek's softer sole, if you wear them a lot, you are going to need to re sole eventually!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back