good luck

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
for all those goin turkey slayin tomorrow. im looking forward to it. first time ive been turkey hunting in two years after going every year for the last 30 before that. would rather be spring bear hunting, but alas no season here, so, merriams here i come

Backatcha !
We just arrived in the greater metropolis of Wray and got greeted by a local who told us we couldn\'t park in a big parking lot ....

I soon determined we were duped by the one and only buglemaster ;)

got close but didnt close. they were about 150 yds from me but flew out into a field on private ground an wouldnt budge. another guy told me they usually walk down a lane which was where i was at, but no dice today. may go back later, not sure

We had this big ol Tom come in to 60 yd but he wouldn\'t commit. He paced out there for about 45 min.
Fun stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 371
Skipped the weekend for CO. I\'ll probably give it a week or two and let the foothills hunters thin out a bit. Killed one in Nebraska though!

I\'m told he\'s a Rio. Good luck to all! Couldn\'t get the pic to load. Maybe cuz it needs to be saved to computer first?

Congrats Will! Yeah, just save it to your computer and you should be able to upload it. Let\'s see the pic :upthumb:

Thanks! Here he is, a nice mature bird

Attachments

• IMG_20140329_172731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 339
Nice bird Will. Glad to see some guys have some good hunts. I saw two flocks of toms strutting this weekend on my way to the twin cities. I`m getting pumped up to go but I don`t get to hunt till May 7th.

Anyone else having luck? I\'ve been out turkey hunting five mornings so far. Called toms in several times, but haven\'t gotten a shot yet. It\'s still been a blast, though. Calling back and forth, watching them come in strutting and gobbling. I even had a lengthy argument with a hen across the meadow (during which neither of us could sucker a tom in), and spent hours watching several other hens piddling around.

\"ABQ_Chica\" said:
Anyone else having luck? I\'ve been out turkey hunting five mornings so far. Called toms in several times, but haven\'t gotten a shot yet. It\'s still been a blast, though. Calling back and forth, watching them come in strutting and gobbling. I even had a lengthy argument with a hen across the meadow (during which neither of us could sucker a tom in), and spent hours watching several other hens piddling around.
Stay with it! Sounds like you\'re having fun :upthumb: When does the season end over that way?
I worked over in the Gila about 20 years ago and there was more turkey in that area than you could shake a stick at!!
Lots of huge bulls over that way back then, but I guess they lost a bunch of it to the fire some years ago.
That was in the Reserve to Luna area.

My son and I are headed out east again tomorrow.
The weather isnt favorable for part of the weekend but we are going to give it a try.
Plus, Mr Winchester is coming along, riding \'shotgun\' :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back