GPS

Bubba

Jan 1, 2013
Can anyone recommend a good GPS that has the ability to load topo maps that are less than 300 dollars. I'm in the market for one but don't want to spend to much money on it.

I ended up getting the Garmin Oregon 550T for 250 when it was on sale at Cabelas but im thinking You might want to check out the Garmin Dakota 20.  Its on sale at Cabelas for 279.99 right now and it usually runs 349.99.

Garmin Oregon 450 is pretty sweet. It's light, fast, and priced right. Plus, you can put a micro SD card in it. I didn't want the higher end one with maps, bc I had a chip with 24K topo and private/public info.

I got a Dakota 20 at Cabellas on sale with the US topo maps for under $200 onsale for just a week last year.

I started using my IPhone with the Gaia GPS Ap...  You would be surprised how well it actually works and you do not need cell service for the phone gps function to work.  My only concern is battery life and what to do to recharge the phone.  If you have an iphone already you might look into it. 
Maps need to be saved to the phone in order to be used without cell service.  Easy to do though.
Think I paid less than 20 for the ap.

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend, which works great and will definitely be under 200.  Not the fanciest, but works for what I need.

I bought a refurbished Garmin 60CS online for $200 and have never had an issue in the last 4 years that I have owned it.

I have a Delorme PN-30 that has good maps, and ability to put aerial photo overlays on too, I think mine came with $30 or so credit worth of free maps or photos and the Delorme software. Mine is almost 3-years old, it was $200 or less

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back