Great...the wind is blowing

Bullnuts

Mar 6, 2014
I hate the month of March. Not the beginning or the end, but the entire month that starts about the middle of February and continues on until the first of May. There is no April where I live. It\'s just March. And the wind blows - no, the wind HOWLS - the entire time. The dust flies around and my allergies kick into high gear so that my nose and eyes are running so bad I look like a rainbird. Either that or my sinuses slam shut and I can\'t really tell which is worse. I hate March.

As I have gotten older and no longer sail, I dislike the wind. Wonderful thing about living in Leadville (10k) is lower wind. It was somehow protected. Plus, no allergies accept for pine pollen in June.

My allergies are terrible since moving back to the front range. Tree polken is terrible now.

Try a shot of unfiltered apple cider vineager a day. It is the only thing that helps my allergies.

\"Colorado_Lew\" said:
Just looked out the window and a huge pine has fallen at the neighbors house :eek:
Yuck!
The dust has been incredible today, obliterating the mountains and blowing all forms of garbage across the prairie. It used to be fun to sit here and watch patio furniture, swimming pools, and trampolines blow by the house but 10 years later it\'s become less of a spectacle.

I went out and got some 24 hour Allegra today. It\'s the only thing that helps with my tree mold allergies. I\'ve never tried the vinegar thing, and would probably have a tough time keeping that down. Allegra\'s pretty good, but even the non-drowsy stuff makes me sleepy. Maybe I can just go back to bed. Wake me up when it\'s June.

Cnelk wrote:
Me too Bill
Try living close to Wyoming like I do... :lolno:

I\'ll one-up ya ... try living on a bare rock north of Laramie!

After a while, if the wind ain\'t blowing you wonder what\'s wrong.

This time of year is real windy here ... windier than the rest of the year ... just nasty. So, you just ignore it.

i grew up in El Paso texas. we share the same winds.

but there, they whip up the desert sands and turn the sky brown. it is an awful time. allergies produce brown, gritty snot. cars are filthy, you vacuum every day..awful.

Someone mention wind?

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/tumbleweeds-have-taken-over-colorado-blocking-roads-and-home\">http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/t ... s-and-home</a><!-- m -->

\"cohunter14\" said:
That is nuts! I\'ve never seen anything like that before.
I felt bad for them. As of last night their HOA, and city were telling them, \"Your property, your problem\". I told my wife that they should push them into the empty lot across the street and light them on fire, then call the city and tell them, \"your property, your problem\". GLad to see they got the snow plows out to help.

that\'s crazy!!! I have only seen a tumbleweed rolling along a couple of times while out west. its one of those awww moments. I guess that neighborhood isn\'t going awww :lol:

I live on a ridgetop...wind was not my friend this year! This windstorm took out two of our vehicles...the Honda and my Wife\'s Volvo:

1450917_10202380363647975_2047291807_n_zps175dc625.jpg

And, that was about four days after this dude almost totalled my truck:

deadbuck_zps64809ffe.jpg

We actually had three active insurance claims at one time :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back