Griz Hunt

Don K

Mar 31, 2014
So whos gonna apply?

At 6 grand for a NR tag its to rich for me but there will be someone getting them tags

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/grizzly-bear-hunting-regulations-proposed-in-wyoming-rules-would-allow/article_1bc88d7b-a01d-55f9-b14d-62bdf38ce615.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

Interesting. At least they are considering it. Never hunted in griz country, but it sounds like the numbers have been increasing pretty dramatically.

Wished I could, $6000 is pretty steep though. Sure would be a rush to put an arrow through one.

If they ever allow it in MT I?m in depending on cost.  I hunt in grizzly country and it?s to the point now in some areas you just don?t hunt alone.  I know a few guys who have shot elk during rifle and archery and 2 guys are hurting and quartering while two are heads on a swivel just waiting.  In fact there?s an area I used to hunt where a bugle will bring in a bear faster than a bull.  It?s concerning.

Kdkehoe said:
If they ever allow it in MT I?m in depending on cost.  I hunt in grizzly country and it?s to the point now in some areas you just don?t hunt alone.  I know a few guys who have shot elk during rifle and archery and 2 guys are hurting and quartering while two are heads on a swivel just waiting.  In fact there?s an area I used to hunt where a bugle will bring in a bear faster than a bull.  It?s concerning.
That is crazy! It sounds like you have to be smart about it like the folks you know.

I meant gutting not hurting. Must?ve been an auto correct, oops.  Anyways, not that it?s so common but like the big wooden signs say be bear aware.  I personally came into my first Grizzly with my brother this last year. So we believe we didn?t stick around to properly identity it. It was a Sow with a younger yearling we think? But we removed ourselves from the area. . In a hurry.  Bear country is sketchy to me. To my brother he just thinks of them as big dogs and doesn?t really bother him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back