Grouse OYO

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
I\'m hoping to supplement my diet with grouse next week.

At this point, I have nothing packed for that ... no pots/pans (we\'re Mountain House eaters on this trip) or seasoning.

Weight, though, is not a huge issue ... so, let me know what you\'d take to make a decent, edible meal out of a mountain chicken.

John, I always take a small plastic bottle of olive oil, that and salt & pepper. Pan fry and enjoy!

\"Stoneman\" said:
John, I always take a small plastic bottle of olive oil, that and salt & pepper. Pan fry and enjoy!

So, add \"Pan\", and \"Olive Oil in small bottle\" and \"Salt & Pepper\" to packing list. Can do.

Should I bring an onion?

John,

Last Year, I took the breast, cut it in big chunks, and dropped it in my Jetboil pot after I got the water boiling. No Seasoning...best lunch I had all Season, hands down!

K.I.S.S. ya know? ;)

If a little weight isn\'t an issue, a skillet with a small bottle of cooking oil & either flour or Italian mix progreso . None of the guys in our party will pass up a grouse. Pan fried grouse is a favorite in our camp.

I dunno John, I thought the grouse we had up there last year was pretty tasty, grilled over the fire, sprinkled with wild carrot??

uncle Jimmy shot several in 2014. best danged meal we had all week, and all our meals were good! I believe he just pan fried them in a little oil, salt and pepper. fanflippintastic.

I haven\'t shot one yet for different reasons but I think grouse season should start with elk season. It\'s dumb that you can\'t hunt them until Sept 1 here. I could have taken two this past Saturday but Nooooo, Colorado and their weird rules.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back