Guilty Pleasures/Camp Luxuries

wyoelk300+

Apr 16, 2013
As everyone is prepping their packs and gear for the coming season, I always find it interesting to see what everyone HAS to bring but doesn't necessarily need. What is your camp luxury or guilty pleasure that makes it into elk camp? Gear/food/drink/celebratory cigar/etc. Post 'em up!

A bottle of BV always finds its way to camp.  Great for wound care like sore legs and back.  Splash down a tylenol pm with it and wake me in the morning.

A Chair! It's amazing what sitting off the ground will do once you are back in there. Personally I love my Helinox chair and if you don't have one you should get one.

2 lbs - will hold 320 lbs.

http://www.elk101.com/store/helinox-chair-one

Fireball and a small self inflating thermarest pad (12"x8") for glassing.  I can last much longer than my partner sitting on frozen ground with a pop can sized, 4 oz pad I carry in my pack.

I used to love having all sorts of gadgets and goodies in my pack or at camp. The last couple years have really cut back. I normally keep a couple small bags of candy to enjoy.

No matter the hunt I always have a victory drink waiting for when I tag something and since I don't drink alcohol that beverage is a Pepsi haha. Its good luck for me. And on any hunting trip I have a camo hat that is from my favorite college football team and so I have to wear it as well.

Outfitter I worked for packed a fridge/freezer 7.5 miles on the back of a mule so we could have ice cream in camp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back