"hacks" that make camping easier.

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
between us, we might have a 100 years of camping experience.  how about we list a few tricks/tips we use to make camp a home.

car camping:

you know those 2.5gallon water jugs with the spigot?  when it is empty, save one.  cut a opening on the top.  dont complete cut it..make it hinged..so only cut three sides of a hole. now you can (re)use it, refill it and wash stuff.  there is something nice about being able to put your head under running warm water to wash up.  this is not doable when you use a water jug with a button activated spigot.  you always need one hand to hold a button.  two hands washing each other is way better than one hand at a time with a "coach jug"

one more.

(can you tell i like to stay relatively clean?)

here is my camp shower.  add 50/50 boiling water and cold water gets you in the ballpark for perfect shower temps. 

cost me maybe $22.

Cliff, you better have a pile of topics to keep us all busy until Sept!!

Luggable Loo for those primitive camping areas.  Since I'm tall, the hack is to use a 6 gallon bucket instead of 5 gallon to raise the seat height!

I don't like my food getting wet from melting ice so started using frozen packs many years ago.  Not much different than frozen milk/water jugs except they take up much less space.  I'll keep a small cooler just for ice and not open unless it's time for a cocktail!

For showering, I rigged up a fish pump with the Zodi hose and use a power inverter and deep cycle battery.  Does take up quite a bit more room than your pump sprayer but I get some great water pressure.

Just piping in because I think that weed sprayer shower is AWESOME, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve too. I'll post tonight after work...KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back