Hard or Soft bow cases?

I have a hard case and have used one for the last 15 years.  Was a cheap $30 case from Cabela's and has work great! I do have a couple buddies that switched over to soft cases, but mostly because they are a smaller profile and not so bulky.  Although I can store alot more in my case as far as equipment than they can.  I would go with the hard as they are easier to clean and will protect your bow better.  Plus if you fly you will want a hard locking case.

Had a soft case for about 6 years. It had its benefits, but for the last 3 years I've used a hard case and I'm not looking back.

I would say hard case. I had a soft one and it didn't seem like it would protect my bow any better than just setting the bow there by itself. So I went with a hard case and now I can throw it in the back of the truck without worrying about it as much.

I have a cheap plano hard case $20 I use for travel only. it is nice for traveling, but I never use it around home. it protect my bow well, and has room to pack some extra clothes around. We use polaris rangers to access base camp, so we ratchet strap them wherever they will fit.

I use both. Soft is nice because I carry all my arrows in a seperate arrow case and can put it in the side of the bag. It keeps everything together and keeps the broad heads separate from the bow. I would hate to open the case and see my string cut.
Hard is great because it is more flexible for traveling. It is just bulkier. Also i can keep the quiver on when packing in my soft case but have to take it off for it to fit in my hard case.

Also take your bows with you to try out the cases as there isn't really a universal size and not all bows and arrow cases fit all bows.

Yeah Alder that was my issue. I bought the plano all weather case for my spyder turbo but once i got it home i found out my bow didnt fit in it. so now i am back to the drawing board!

I am wanting a hard case but i cant find one that fits my bow!!!!!!

Yea - I was given an old Plano hard case and it is HUGE, too big really. But fits all my bows - even my 42" martin elite.

I also like the fact that I can put all the different hunting and association stickers you get in the mail on my hard case.

Buy a hard case! i bought a soft case and it has not impressed me at all. after about 2 months it had a wear spot through the top where the cam was barely toughing the case. I wasted $60.00 and am now having to buy a new case, which will be a plano weather guard.

I have only ever had a soft case and have never had a problem. I thought about getting a hard case but they just take up to much room when we are packing for our hunting trip. My dad got one and it was a pain to put int he back of the truck because of the room it takes up. Yes, we take a lot of stuff :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back