Has Wild fiimpacted your hunting area?

WardDawg7

Jan 27, 2013
Wild fires and logging have impacted my state over the past 20 years. 2012 was no different fires swept through several units and sent hunters blindly searching for game outside the "box" they called hunting camp.  With the influx of hunters we experienced this year makes me skeptical on next years hunt.  Will your area have more hunting traffic as well?

my area hit by fire about 10 years ago and hunting has never been better,every thing will grow green the next year.people will automaticly think the animals will not return.yet they love it.You will find the forest service will close most of it off to wheeled vehicals so if your a packer its your area now,game carts are out and the people that use them.The animals will scrap on the burned trees and it make there antlers a dark color that is cool and the elk will lick the ash from the trees that gives them extra minerals to enhance antler growth.Area is more open now and better for spotting but you may need to shoot further distances,harder to get close.some times I wish my area would burn again.Not really but hunting does improve with a fire.HUNT THE BURN!!!!

I only hunt one area that was hit with a wild fire and it was cooler than heck hunting in it the following year(s).  I shot a bull in a burn and it made for some awesome photos.

We lost over 350,000 acres this year in eastern MT and it greatly affected the areas I normally hunt so I just went to a different area and was successful for elk, just went to a new area to get away from crowded areas.  Will try my normal spots this year as well as new areas.

Idaho was hit pretty hard this year in certain areas but thankfully my area wasnt affected.  When i lived in oregon logging was a huge issue i had to deal with.  They logged my honey hole and it turned out to be crappy for a couple of years but once it started growing back it turned out to be good again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back