Heart Rate Monitor

AaronJohnson

Mar 4, 2014
Earlier this year I decided to pick up a Suunto heart rate monitor / watch. I\'ve really noticed a difference in how hard I push myself during cardio workouts while wearing it. The difference for me is that I really pick it up when I start to get into that \"comfort\" zone during a work out. I\'ve always been a fan of HIIT type of work outs and this monitor has helped me push myself out of that comfort zone when cardio training. The monitor has also helped motivate me to go longer as well. Does anyone else use a monitor while working out? If so, have you had similar results?

I\'m also going to use it during pack training hikes in the near future and possibly during some hunts this year. Will be interested to see at the end of a long day of hunting what the average heart rate was and how it equates to real calories burned.

Yes. 10 years ago, I started using one when I was training for sprint triathlons.

Currently, I use a simple low costing Polar Heart Rate monitor with Bluetooth strap. The Bluetooth strap works with an app on my phone, therefore, I do not need to take the watch. The Polar heart rate strap frequency is readable by my treadmill, so I don\'t need the cell phone or the Polar watch when using the treadmill. The phone\'s app can keep track of the data for me, therefore, I usually turn on the phone\'s app to log the data.

You may buy the Bluetooth strap separately.

Yep, I where one and yes, it has led me to push harder. The calorie counter makes me eat healthier also. Genius invention and would benefit anyone trying to be healthier

I stick two fingers on my carotid artery, count my pulse for 15 seconds, and multiply by 4...so old school ;)

\"elkmtngear\" said:
I stick two fingers on my carotid artery, count my pulse for 15 seconds, and multiply by 4...so old school ;)
haha..me too.

besides, it is so obvious when i am about to pass out. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back