High Heel Hottie

Got mine in the mail today. I had never used a open reed before. It only took a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. It sounds great. My wife even said it sounds just like the live cows on some hunting vids I have. For my wife to say that it must be good because she thinks it all sounds like racket. :lol:

Thanks Troy great calls.

I got mine too. They arrived yesterday. I only get to look at them, as I got them for my son and his pal.

\"F M\" said:
Got mine in the mail today. I had never used a open reed before. It only took a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. It sounds great. My wife even said it sounds just like the live cows on some hunting vids I have. For my wife to say that it must be good because she thinks it all sounds like racket. :lol:

Thanks Troy great calls.

Glad you are happy with it FM. If more guys knew how easy a bite call like the High Heel Hottie is to work and how short the learning curve really is, not to mention how effective they can be in the field. They really work well!
Now see how long it takes to learn how to do coyote sounds with it .... or turn it upside down and inhale lightly to make deer sounds like the can sound where you turn it upside down. The HHH will make that sound as well. Just put one lip in the hole on the bottom of the call and inhale. play around with it, you will get it. Thanks for your order. Troy GCHC

Troy another sound I can get is a injured rabbit. Found that when I was just starting out. Good for when I see a coyote.

I toyed around with them some today.
If you find you are having trouble making a good sound, try not applying quite so much pressure or move the location of the pressure point up on the mouth piece, not over the curveature.
The reed needs to be able to have air and vibrate. If you apply pressure too close to the end, it won\'t work.
They sound really good and will be a good addition to anyone that likes these types of calls.

\"F M\" said:

Thanks Troy great calls.

Francis, you have got one understanding wife! If I want to work on calls, I know who NOT to practice them around :lol:

Got mine, too ... I really like it. I really like diaphragm calls, but this seems to work well, and it\'s loud if you want it, quiet if you want it, too. Definitely a distinct sound, though.

I\'m glad you guys like the High Heel Hotties and you will find out in a few short weeks just how effective they are! They do make a distinctive sound that seems to really put elk right in your lap, and a smile on your face. Best of Luck ---> Troy GCHC

Got my calls sat. sounding good. Was wondering if it was ok to drill a hole in the barrel to hang from a cord. Thanks Troy.

Practiced last night on a drive back from Denver. I like its range. I may finally be able to do a calf chirp. I am very poor at doing calf chirps.

I played around with the position of the ring and the placement in mouth/on lips. I got a very good sound using the side of my mouth to put air through it. I put it in my mouth like you were smoking a pipe. Titled slightly up. This lessens the chance of excessive air from being pushed over the reed and minimized moisture build up which is a huge problem for my other open reeds. I prefer slight sounds unless I want to do an excited cow sound.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back