High pressure area's

Bails-UK

Jun 20, 2013
So I'm gonna be hunting Unit45 in Colorado a high pressure hunting area, in the last week of September. I know where the Elk hang out, but never seem to get close enough as the bowl they hang in is susceptible to swirly winds. What's my best plan of action, persist or check out other area's in the Unit, as I know there are Elk in them there woods. I really try some calling out and best my chances.

man calling less in high pressure is best i know that. winds are tough to beat if you can use the pressure against the elk  that may be best try and let the other hunters push them to you.

I'm sure the elk are bedding in the timber. Try and ambush them moving to and from the bedding areas to the feeding areas.

We've killed elk 200 feet behind someones camp when the pressure was super high... Last year we killed a bull 350 feet off the road and 1/4 mile away from a camp with the super loud drunk people! What I've seen and the guys I hunt with have seen is when everyone keeps trying to push the elk higher and higher the elk just move lower and stay down...

if you know the area you know where they will go when bumped  , just stay ahead of them , let someone else bump them and just be ready when they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back