"Hogzilla" takes a dirt nap!

elkmtngear

Aug 9, 2017
hiresboar_zps2f1b055b.jpg

This weekend, I finally managed to bag this old boar that has been tearing up fences on the private land I got access to. I estimate his live weight was somewhere around 250 # (or more)

Landowner was very happy! My Wife told me I have to quit hunting now...because our freezers are stuffed.
We\'ll see about that ;)

Wrote up the story yesterday: http://elkmtngear.com/blog/hogzilla-goes-down-landowner-rejoices.html

Stuffed freezers ... Got that problem here, too.

Merry Christmas, _________, here\'s your elk/pronghorn meat!

But pig ... Now that\'d be great. Sausage and bacon and ham.

Thanks guys. I\'m taking the Landowner some elk steaks this week, and some of the Italian Sausage I had made from the first young boar I shot out there. I still have an unfilled buck tag...but I have to use a bow during the rifle Season. I hope I can sneak out there again this weekend :angle:

Jeff I was telling my son about your hog last night. That\'s a big goal of his. We have feral hogs just north of us, jumped one during turkey season. Maybe I\'ll look at taking him to Texas this year, only problem is he thinks we\'ll have a big boar mounted. Never seen anything real attractive about one of those critters but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hope he has better taste when he starts bringing girlfriends home!!! :lolno:

I\'m not joking about that last comment!!!!

\"razorback\" said:
Jeff I was telling my son about your hog last night. That\'s a big goal of his. We have feral hogs just north of us, jumped one during turkey season. Maybe I\'ll look at taking him to Texas this year, only problem is he thinks we\'ll have a big boar mounted. Never seen anything real attractive about one of those critters but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hope he has better taste when he starts bringing girlfriends home!!! :lolno:

I\'m not joking about that last comment!!!!

Haha...I\'m sure he will have plenty of opportunities to refine his tastes when it comes to the girls! :D

I agree about not seeing the attraction of a mounted boar head! They do look good on the wall in an English Pub, though! :lol:

Texas would be a FUN hunt for you guys!!!

\"razorback\" said:
Hope he has better taste when he starts bringing girlfriends home!!! :lolno:

Hahahahahaha!!! I just about shot my drink out of my nose on that one! :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back