Homemade Protein Bar

SarcasmPhD

Jun 14, 2015
Here's a recipe I put together as a meal replacement and for post-workout that I plan on packing for my hunt. It's nutrient dense so when you're out there chasing bulls, it's a quick meal that'll help you keep to pushing on. Give it a try.

Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars
Preheat the oven @ 375 degrees

2 cups oatmeal
1 cup whole almonds
In a food processor, combine the oatmeal and almonds. Blend until they are a fine powder. Usually around 2 minutes.

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl:
Almonds/oatmeal flour, 6 scoops of Chocolate whey protein, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/3 cup flax seed meal, 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup cranberries (craisins )
Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the remaining ingredients: 
2 egg whites
1 can pumpkin
2 tablespoons of honey
1 cup almond milk - you can use regular milk, I just choose to use almond milk

Mix all the ingredients together, pour into a baking pan, bake for 20-25 minutes

Do you have any ideas that could be used instead of the pumpkin I just don't like pumpkin.
Would welcome any pointers.
Thanks
David T.
Eph.3:20
1st. Kings 21:3

Great recipe, if you don't like pumpkin, you can substitute with mashed/canned sweet potato/yam. I prefer to cook and mash the sweet potatoes vs. the canned alternative.

Elk hunter (pre-merger) in one of Kristy's articles had a handful of other flavors if you have your old issues.  I tried looking it up online, but said page had expired.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back