Honey hole, what would you do if?

AWHunt CDAID

Jan 9, 2013
This topic was found on another bow site forum and I thought it was good, so here you go.
[/size]Packers, do you really feel comfortable calling someone you don't know to pack out your elk? As we all know, many times elk use the same drainages year after year. Many times it's no mistake to kill one where you did.
- Help from other hunters? We've all been there. You show up at the trail head, or truck with blood on your pants, or with the first load and hunters you run into offer to help pack out the rest of the elk. I struggle with this one, mainly due to ulterior motives. I can't help but think they really want to know where I shot the elk. I always decline, and many times go the long ways to get back if people are watching.
- Game wardens? If you did everything legit, and had your elk back at the truck, and a warden wanted you to walk back into the carcass to show him the kill site, would you? I think I would decline and give you my reasons later.[size=medium]

That's why I'd don't use packers, I have had a guy offer to pack elk out for me but my better judgement and senses tell me that he's one of those guys that would go in and start hunting that area.  I definitely would decline help from other hunters. And I would probably take the warden to the kill site just for the fact that he's probably to busy during the hunting season doing his job to really get much hunting in.

Depends on where I'm hunting,  but if it's a honey hole,  no way would I take help from another hunter. I would call a friend that doesn't hunt though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back