horses

I have prearranged horses before. I wanted to go after a good bull that's was pretty far in.  I made the contact well before hunting season began. He asked for the general area and asked me to give him a heads up when I would be going out so he would be available. I never did shoot that bull and I have never seen him again after that year. I never got to use him and he wouldn't charge me anything, but I still took care of him at the end of the season.

It worth it's weight in gold if you are alone and too far in. You owe it to yourself and most importantly to the elk who's life you took. If you don't want to pay the money, then you better have a few very good friends with good backs or you need to hunt 2-3 miles from the truck.

I used to use goats. You can get male dairy weanlings for about $25. Certain breeds can grow to 200lbs. If they get hurt, they're small enough to lift into your truck. You can also walk right up on deer/elk.
I packed out a boned out elk with 2 goats.

Yes, lots of guys will pack you and your gear in and out for a fee, now if you are talking about having someone leave horses up there for you to use during the time you are hunting that may be a little more difficult to find but I'm sure for the right price you could find someone to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back