how big a problem are ants in a high elevation camp?

Billy Goat

Sep 5, 2017
this is our first year to hunt out of a wall tent. we\'ll be camping around 9k-10k.

our present plan is to setup our kitchen area under an \"easy up\", which wouldnt have a floor. are we going to have a problem with ants, and if so, how do yall normally deal with them?

sorry for such a lame question, but I normally dont have this problem, staying in my camper on hunting trips.

thanks. I suppose mice, skunks, possums, etc might be a different story....

dont I remember reading a story of you having a skunk crawl across you in the middle of the night? I bet sleep was hard to find after that....

If you ever have a skunk in your tent like I did, you will be wishing for ants

I don?t know Brad, at least you won?t have to worry so much about the wind for a couple days if you sleep with a skunk. There?s no plus side to a zillion ant bites :p

I wonder if its legal to post a fake bear tag at your camp site as a bear deterrent?

we haven\'t had problems with ants the last two years in Colorado. or any other critter either. flies on the other hand have bothersome....

\"zpd307\" said:
we haven\'t had problems with ants the last two years in Colorado. or any other critter either. flies on the other hand have bothersome....

I think the blowfly is the State Bird of Colorado... :crazy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back