How do you carry your Bugle?

RockyMountainHi

Dec 28, 2012
Still trying to figure the "best" way to carry a big bugle (Bully Bull Grunt Tube) so that it is both easily accessible, yet out of the way.  That is the challenge for me and given the amazing sound, I won't go back to those accordion type bugles anytime soon.

I have found that a paracord loop over my right shoulder with the bugle such that I can slide it to my back for hiking and then easily rotate it forward with the mouthpiece right at my face works the best for me  :D .  I sometimes have to adjust the length of the cord to "catch" on my day pack so it doesn't slingshot around during hiking.  If  I don't need immediate access, it gets lashed to the pack, but not ideal when you suddenly want it.

Attachments

• Bugle Strap
    35.4 KB · Views: 116
I put mine around my neck and under my right arm yes it moves around a little when hiking but its there when i suddenly walk into a herd, Having it move around is worth the possibility of killing.

Been using one for years  :)  From the first bugle I hear till I call in the bull ( or he busts me  ;) )  I carry it in my hand. When I am making tracks from point A-B, I sling it over my head and shoulder on my back- mouthpiece up........

I agree, they are a little challenging to carry compared to the traditional vacuum cleaner types- but there is no comparison to the realism of sounds.

Same as Dirk above. And the reason for the mouth piece up is when traveling from point A to B is if you have the heavier end up (mouth pice down) it will want to rotate towards the front as you walk.

I'm using the primos terminator. After I put my pack on I throw it over my shoulder (left shoulder so the call is on my hip on the right) mouthpiece facing up. Throwing it on after my pack it doesnt move unless I grab it to use it, and it's always easily accessible with my right hand.

I sling it over my shoulder and neck. I can still manage to slide it to my mouth and give a quick bugle if needed and then slide it back out of the way.

I do what Bullhunter does, just make sure it's on the opposite side that you draw your bow from so it doesn't slip and hit you bow making noise or get hit by the string

Use a clip hooked to your pack strap and clip the cord on your bugle so it can not move and cause problems while hunting.  This will make sure your bugle is in place all days long.

mystery ranch makes something called the wet rib that attaches on your chest to shoulder straps.  Made to hold a nalgene bottle but I've been thinking it might be a great grunt tube holder.  Not sure if it would get in the way during shooting

Put it cross wise across my back and chest so that comes down on my right side and tuck the small end into my waist strap to kind of hold in place.

Around the neck, under the left arm.  That way since I'm right handed and shoot on my right shoulder, it won't get in the way or hinder a shot

I slip mine in the compression strap and meat shelf on my OPW Orion. I can just reach behind my head and pull it out when I need it. 

If I'm in hunt mode I'm usually carrying it in my hand, but when I'm moving from place to place I sling it over my head/shoulder so that the mouthpiece points towards my right shoulder and the bell end points towards my left hip, kind of like a bandolier - keeps it out of the way in case I need to shoot (right handed) but I can still have quick access to the mouth end. I also clip the lanyard underneath the chest strap on my pack so that the tube doesn't bounce around when walking.

I make my buddy carry it since he is the caller and I'm the shooter!!  ;) but if I happen to be the caller, I sling it over my back and hook the cord under the chest clip on my pack.  Seems to keep it from wanting to flop around too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back