How Has The University of Elk Hunting Helped You?

I've been archery elk hunting mostly solo for about 7 years, 6 of those years I was able to put elk in the freezer with my bow in Idaho and Nevada. But, I'd never been able to seal the deal on a bull, Id called several in very close but it just didn't happen.
I'm 60 so like Randy says I've got a lot more hunts in the rear-view than in front of me so I decided I needed to shorten the learning curve if I was going to fulfill my dream of getting a bull, so last spring I signed up for UEH and found a lot of information that I'd learned from experience, and a lot that I knew but it just "clicked' when I saw it on the course, so I took that information and some new tidbits that Id learned into the steep and deep of Idaho last fall.
With a ton of hard work, and year round dedication I was able to get in close and call a nice Idaho 6x6 into 8 yards where he fell from a frontal shot. DIY, solo from the hunt to the packout. Great time.
I'd say that this course is great if you're new to elk hunting and very useful even if you are a successful elk hunter, I learned a lot of things that I was able to add to my existing knowledge and I'm sure it played a role in my success.
I'm a meat hunter and I think any elk is a trophy but we all dream of that nice bull I believe this course made me a better elk hunter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back