how many elk have you killed?

When I have to stop and think about it and carefully count 'em, I realize that I have moved beyond the killing stage and into the "experience" phase of hunting.  I was a diehard rifle hunter for years and then all off my hunting partners moved to archery, I had to either choose to go alone or make a switch.  So, at the tender age of 48, I made the transition to archery only and have not regretted it one bit.  I have about 20 years of elk woods experience and have killed 3 bulls and about 8 cows, so somewhere in the 50% success mode.  Anymore, its about hunting with my longtime hunting partner, calling for each other, physically making it up and down the mountains, doing it all on my back and if we put meat in the freezer, its a bonus for us both.

I have 10 to credit so far but still looking for a nice bull, I quess that is the problem with being a meat hunter, taking the first one that presents a shot.

I have killed quite a few with a rifle but only one with my bow in three years of hunting. My very first elk and my archery bull last year are my two favorite by far.

All cows 4 with a rifle and 2 with a bow. hopefully i get to slide an arrow in a bull this year. although i wont pass up a cow if its begging for it.

I killed a cow on opening morning of my first elk hunt at age 14. I am 29 and have not killed one since (I get an elk tag every 3-4 years or so). I'm over-due!

I don't hunt to start a tally, I hunt because it is a part of me and I love it.  #respect#feedurfam#greatmemories

I'm a meat hunter, but got my first good bull this year, a 4x5. That brings me to 9, a spike and a cow with a rifle, 2 spikes, 2 calves, 2 cows and a bull with the bow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back