How Many shoot year round

jamase

Dec 28, 2012
so, how many  shoot the bow all year?  If you don't , when do you start to be ready to hunt in september?

Living in Boise, I have been able to shoot year round, though it does drop off in the winter.  Frequent shooting helps with muscle memory, keeping strength in your shooting muscles and developing consistency in your shooting form.  The winter is a good opportunity to shoot with heavier jackets and gloves on.

I shoot year round. The club I'm in has an outdoor 3-D range out to 100yds. I also shoot anindoor league from Jan- Mar, its only 20yds but I'm still shooting.

I shoot year around even though it gets cold but i dont want the muscles to fail me when it really counts.

I shoot year round. A local archery shop has a dedicated archer program. For $60 you can shoot the indoor paper targets 20-30 yards for 30 visits which is $150 worth of shooting. It runs for three months at a time and you also get a nice golf shirt or quarter zip shirt with it. Oh and just in case that isn't enough to get you shooting, at the end of each three month period all those who complete the 30 times shooting get entered into a drawing for a gift card. Needless to say, I shoot 3-5 times a week on my lunch hour since the shop is only a few miles away from work.

I shoot year round. Yes, living in SoCal is a luxury when it comes to shooting, but I do it for two reasons. One, it helps keep me in tune and on target. The second is that it keeps me sane. If I don't get out to shoot at least once every two weeks (shooting speace is limited and I an't shoot at my apartment) I go a bit nutty!

I try to shoot year round, but we can get some bad winter weather here in northwest PA, then it really tapers off. but in the spring when the evenings are a little longer I start again.

I usually shoot year round except for this year due to an addiction i formed (5 string banjo ;D ).  I started getting back into shooting form mid summer and got a new bow to get me back into it

I shoot  year around even when there is two feet of snow on the ground.  Have my little set up in my backyard and it gives me something to do when i get tired of listening to the old lady continuously talk and talk and talk.

I usually take a break after hunting season in the fall, and pick it back up in late Feb. to the beginning of March for tune up and getting ready for spring turkey.  After that I shoot as much as I can in the Summer which varies each year, and continue shooting towards antelope season and shoot almost daily around a month before season opens.  I have thought about shooting 3D in the summers, but haven't followed up on it yet.

I enjoy shooting year round as well. I also hang a bag in the garage so I can go work on form and shoot in bad weather. I find that going in and shooting a few arrows with my eyes closed is very relaxing.

I've been taking a lot of advice from the members of this forum and began shooting at least 4 days a week.  I try to shoot 25 arrows every other night. 

I live in WA so when the weather starts to warm up a little and its not raining so much, that is when I start shooting again.. Usually about April :)

I have a target in my yard to practice distance shooting. I have a tall stool with a block target strapped on top sitting in my garage. Keep my recurve and compound hanging so I can pick one up and shoot a few or a lot. I get about a 10 yard shot. I try to shoot a few arrows every day.

nclonghunter said:
I have a target in my yard to practice distance shooting. I have a tall stool with a block target strapped on top sitting in my garage. Keep my recurve and compound hanging so I can pick one up and shoot a few or a lot. I get about a 10 yard shot. I try to shoot a few arrows every day.

I also have a target down a hallway in my house so I can shoot from my living room and have about a 15 yard shot.  great for bad weather or when I just wanna stand up and shoot.  I have my bow hanging in my living room

I try to shoot year round, even if it means shooting 3 or 4 days out of the month in the winter( usually in my basement) spring and summer I try to get out every night. The hard part for me is to keep shooting through the hunting season, sure helps when I do though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i shoot in my basement i have asmall lane 15 yards if i want 20 i got to my buddies if i want 25 i go to my sisters basement have bow will travel

After hunting season here in Washington, I wait until the snow melts to start shooting again. My favorite practice is to go gopher hunting! It so much fun, and small targets to hit! I am confident enough with the accuracy of my broad heads i use any nicked blades and go shoot!

I do, beauty of a 12 month season on deer and good varminting I spose.
Though I don't do much stalking because of snakes over the warmer month, we've got a few bad ones here in Australia.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back