How many shots per day?

Archery Elk Crazy

Jun 21, 2013
I was wondering how many shots everyone takes per day while shooting their bow.  I just read an article that says you are best off to only shoot one arrow for each pin.  So only shoot once at 20, 30, 40 and so on.  I was thinking about trying that.  How many do you guys shoot each day or per pin?

I will do that occasionally just to test my " first shot" challenge, but I believe shooting many arrows from different distances builds strength, and repetition for that perfect "first shot".

I find that I shoot about 40 shots per day.  I shoot mostly at the longest and beyond for 95% of the time as then when I come in shorter distances it is very easy.  I shoot that many for a lot of reasons one being that I am working out everyday and if you shoot everyday your body will adapt with the workouts if you workout and are not shooting during that time your balance and timing will change and then you have to adapt.

not sure how many arrows I shoot when I shoot. I just don't have enough time too shoot every day. I try and challenge myself when I do shoot, shoot from tree stands,put my blind up,long distance,spot shoot,3d targets and I hang balloons on my targets once in awhile. Just try and mix things up and ALWAYS shoot my broadheads. The only time I ever shoot field points is when I go too 3d shoots, the ones I go too do not allow broadheads.

No Limits, I would really like to shoot broadheads a lot more but they destroy my block targets pretty quickly. What targets are you shooting into? Are they holding up pretty well, or you just buying a lot of targets?

when im adjusting my sights only about 16 on days that i shoot , this time of year around 80 , 3 times a week and usually 60 to 90 yard shoots .when I shoot closer than that at one target I destroy alot of arrows

I do buy alot of targets I buy cheap 3D targets at walmart for about $60. For my block targets I have the bolb and buy 18 to 1 rinehart. the bolb is holding up pretty well,but is heavy. I would recommend the rinehart holds up well and much lighter.

I work out everyday, functional fitness around 10am, that mixes cardio and cross fit, and then shoot about 100 arrows every night. I do good warm-up before, stretch during and after; and I am only shooting back to 60 meters.

I shoot as many as my body will allow me. Ill wake up a little early shoot a cple hits in my basement just at ten yards work on my form. Then in the evenings ill work on my distances and such. As soon as I start feeling fatigued I just stop shooting. It doesn't take long to shoot 50 arrows it seems like a lot but you'd be surprised. I wouldn't put a number on it just whatever you can. Plus you will slowly build up strength in your arm and slowly be able to shoot more and more ive gotten to a point where it seems like so can shoot all day. Hope this helps.

Off season as many as possible, 2 weeks before the season I shoot 1 arrow in the evening before I go to work & 1 in the morning when I get home 10-40yards. For me this mentally trains me to focus more on making the first and usually the only shot count. I read this in an artical somewhere and tried it out seems to work well for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back