How to line up broadheads with fletching

Glacier Country

Nov 13, 2013
I was talking to a buddy of mine a few days ago and he was putting broadheads on his arrows and some would wobble a little bit. out of 6 heads he only had one that had spun perfect . I told him sometimes I will take dacron or waxed dental floss and wrap it around the shaft of the BH 4 or 5 wraps above the threads right where the arrow shaft will meet the Bh and that will allow you to line up your blades with your fletching and also sometimes help the heads spin true. Hope that helps Troy

good info. growing up whitetail hunting where my shots were 20 or less it didnt matter. but im sure once you get past that even little things make a huge diff

That\'s a good tip Troy. But is it really all that necessary? For instance, how would you line up three fletch arrows to two or four blade broadheads. But I do agree with lining them up for another reason. It keeps them from tearing up the foam liner in your bow quiver. You can put your arrows back in the same slot in the quiver every time. And the dental floss is a heck of an idea to go it without adding weight to the arrow. Also for you FOB users, simply rotate the nock so the FOB lines up with the broadhead.

Thanks for the tip!

WW, We did this long ago with the old bear razors. either 2 blade or 4 blade we would line up the 2 main blades with the cock fletch on a 3 fletch arrow. I still have some 4 fletch arrows on my backup bow so I like to line the main blades on a magnus stinger straight in line with the nock. it doesn\'t seem to matter much with the stingers but it does with the bigger old school bear Razors.
My buddy really thought it helped with his G5 Strikers.

Yep! I remember doing that with the old recurve many years ago. Far too many! LOL! The broadhead was lined up on a horizontal plane, which would be basically in line with the cock feather. Back then, the theory was so the broadhead wouldn\'t be in the way for shooters that used the tip of the arrow as a sighting reference.

If my 6* right helical fletched arrows leaves the bow at 285 feet/ sec. and the arrow is 28 inches long, how much broad head offset do I need to get my fletch to travel in the same position the broad head was in when it traveled through the same airspace? At forty yards the arrow has slowed down some, will that dental floss help compensate for the change in speed and keep the fletch in the same air space the broad head just vacated? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back