Hoyt Carbon Spyder Pictures and Opinions

Mountain Bowhunter

Jan 2, 2013
I know you guys have seen it and maybe some have shot it. Thoughts? Pictures from those that have already bought one (probly haven't even gotten it yet though)
Hoyt_Carbon_Spyder_30_Xtra_Blackout_2014_med.jpg

1383291_522748414486138_281735169_n_1.jpg

Mountain Bowhunter said:
I know you guys have seen it and maybe some have shot it. Thoughts? Pictures from those that have already bought one (probly haven't even gotten it yet though)
Hoyt_Carbon_Spyder_30_Xtra_Blackout_2014_med.jpg

1383291_522748414486138_281735169_n_1.jpg

I've had my Carbon Spyder for a little over a week now.  Bottom line I really like it.  It replaced my G3 Element from last year.  I have a 27.5 inch draw (and put 4 twists in the string) and shot 67 pounds.  The string angles seem to suit me betteron the sypder and the bow is really quiet.  I've read some reviews that claim that it isn't that noticeably quieter than the element, but I have to say that it is really impressive.  The spyder is 3-4 feet per second faster than the element (with my setup) and I like that Hoyt has stiffened the riser on this bow.  Of course the draw cycle is smooth and the string doesn't seem to want to jump when you get it back.  I think that this bow sets up great for shorter draws such as those using the number 2 cam.  For draws 28.5 and greater I would suggest looking at the the 34" ATA.  So far I'm glad that I made the purchase.  I actually ordered another Carbon Spyder to use as a back up bow for the year...my Son already claimed the Element. 

I was at the bow shop about a month ago and shot one a few times. They are really nice. If I was in the market for a bow I would probably buy this one

I went to my local shop as I usually do this time a year to shoot the new hot bows. I won't upgrade to a new bow unless I can REALLY feel a huge improvement.

So I picked the Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo along with 3 other bows and as usual thought I would just put them back on the rack and walk away for another year. 

Let me tell you, not this year. I have been a Mathews shooter for the last 17 years. Not anymore. This bow is absolutely incredible. I shot it at 72 lbs and it felt as if it was set up at 60lbs. Super smooth, accurate, super quiet with no hand shock.

I traded in my Mathews Z7Magnum and now have a Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo on the way. It's been a L O N G time since I've been excited about a bow. I just can't wait.

Im going to give it a try but to be honest i have never felt comfortable behind the hoyt bows to me they have always felt weird while shooting them. but i will give it a fair try i am really looking forward to putting it up against the creed and bowtechs 360 the elite 35 as well 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back