HUNTDATA.com Has anyone used it

soulsld

Jan 2, 2013
Was wondering if anyone has used this site and how good the info is on it what are the pros and cons. it looks really helpful for use on a gps and to pre scout from halfway across the country

I have used their Big Game CD since it first came out, and was actually using it today over lunch, trying to figure out where to use my 7 pref points for deer.  I find it invaluable for looking at the draw results and the # of hunters with specific #'s of preference points.  For Moose, sheep and goat hunters, the kill sites (with measurements) from CO DOW (via hunters) is a great starting point if you draw one of those tags. I'm an analytics weenie, so I enjoy slicing/dicing the data, but this product is worth every penny to me, with free updates each year.

have you tried using it on a gps in the field ? how accurate has it been ? thanks for the info

Soulsld, Haven't used it with my GPS.  I tend to use it for the exceptional  analytics around the draw results and preference points issues.    For their maps, the GPS coords should be pretty solid, as they understand mapping projections/ellipsoids.  The GPS coords of the mosse/sheep/goat kill sites are provided by hunters, so there is no validation by HuntData of those (I don't believe).
BTW, Just talked with their support today and the 2012 draw results should be available for download in the next week or so. Message me if you have any specific questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back