Hunting boots for narrow feet

arg1574

Sep 9, 2017
I?m currently looking to get a new pair of hunting boots for elk/deer. Most of my hunting is done around 10000 feet, so I?m looking for something rugged and reasonably lightweight. The problem is, I?m having a difficult time finding something that fits my narrow feet. Anyone out there experience the same problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arg1574, don't think my Merrell's qualify as "rugged" but they're definitely lightweight and waterproof.  I've got a narrow foot and my heel will slip and cause blisters if not a good, tight fit.

I went to REI and just started trying on different brands and such.  They generally have a very knowledgeable staff so I pick their brain and if their price is too high then I'll know what brand and such will work and order online.

I can't and won't order any shoes/boots online as a general rule 90-95% of them end up getting sent back.

I suggest the Crispi boot.  Just picked up a pair of the Thor?s and they are amazing. Wore them for work today when I do my inspection route and put some miles on. Exceeded my expectations

Thanks to all for the input. I?ve got a good starting point. I guess I?ll go try on some boots.

Crisp doesn?t show that they?re offered in narrow width. That?s why I went with Kenetreks and not the Idaho.

My brother has a narrow foot and he likes them. With boots it?s so particular. It?s like finger prints everyone is different so whatever works so your feet don?t hurt and slow ya down.

I have a narrow foot, somewhat flat and usually have foot issues with a poor fit. I use to use Merrell because they were so comfortable but they would only last me one season before the waterproofing and support went to pot.
Last year a friend told me to try some Vasque boots, so I did my research because I had never heard of them. They had several lightweight boots that reminded me of my Merrells, waterproof with nylon sides, but I just have had no luck with nylon sides. Invariably, here in NM, I would have a cactus stick me in the instep area and there goes the waterproofing. So, I looked at their leather boots and purchased the Talus Trek Ultradry, Medium width. I was a bit worried about the weight with a leather upper, but after one season (I guide elk hunters from Sept 1 to February)  I was extremely pleased. I love the boot. I didn't even notice the weight and I am a trekker (I just did a 12 miler, then a 15 miler, then a 10 miler 2 weeks ago horn hunting). I have had them in marsh, snow, creeks, rocks, cactus and I am now hunting turkeys. Still going strong and still with great support and still waterproof. The only wear that I have noticed has been the rubber toe guard with some separation. But I just fixed that with some shoe goo.
:train:

I have a very narrow foot and have not had success with kennetrek even in B width (heel blisters). That's just my foot, kenetreks are an awesome boot otherwise.
I think you'll find success in Crispi, Lowa, and Salomons. I wear Salomons 4Ds early season then switch to Crispi Valtrez for more rugged conditions.  Lowa super warm for late season.  All of these boots hold up for multiple seasons, are affordable, and made for narrow narrow feet IMHO.

Turns out Salomons fit my feet perfectly. I just ordered a pair of X Alp Mtn GTXs. I?ll update after I?ve put some miles on them. Thanks everyone for the advice

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back