Hunting Island Park Idaho

qhyde

Aug 10, 2018
For those of you who have hunted the Island Park Zone in Idaho, my question is about the number of hunters.  I am new to Idaho, and this will be first time hunting the Island park zone.  Ive got no problem getting mile(s) from the road.  But I was told there would be thousands of people out during Labor day weekend.  Is there truth to that?  Because that is alot of people! 

I have not hunted Island Park myself, have friends that do.  That area is where most of eastern Idaho goes to recreate.  That said, Labor day anywhere in Idaho will have tons of people. 
It's the last major camping weekend, every place I have hunted in Idaho has a flood of people (not all hunters) in the camping areas and trail heads that weekend.

What elkhntr44 said is very true.  Not many hunt that opening week as it is usually hot and it's the last hoorah before the summer ends. 

It's my favorite time to be getting after elk though.

Just a lil FYI, bud of mine was drawn for a muzzle-loader hunt there. Said in the 8 days he was there he never saw an elk. But did see lots of wolves and wolf sign.

Might help to know which unit he?s looking at. Island Park is a big zone now. Guess we?ll never know, he?s not been on since April.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back