I have a good problem.

F M

Aug 3, 2017
So here is the problem, I have two packs of elk steak thawed out that I was going to cook tonight but now I have fresh back straps I just cut out of my buck I just shot tonight. Should I have elk or fresh back straps. Good problem to have. :D

CONGRATS!!!!!

Pics????!!!

Don\'t you just love problems like this :up thumb:
DO the elk and save the backstraps for tomorrow.

Good choice guys the elk steaks where great. This was a deer season that I would like to forget. I had a couple of good bucks and some smaller ones on trail cam this year so I was hoping maybe I would get a chance at a good buck. I saw one big 8 one time bow hunting. I wound up arrowing a nice 8 but when I shot my arrow hit a twig and it hit back to far. I gave it a half hour before I got down and backed out for 3 hours before looking for him. He only bled for a hundred yards and plugged up. Looked for two days. No luck. I have not lost many but it tares me up when I do. Still bummed out. So I hunted rifle season with my muzzle loader and never saw a buck so I picked up a muzzy tag and said it was time for some meat. I was out 4 times before tonight and had not seen a deer. Tonight I had two does and two fawns come out and fed in front of me so I was happy to see some deer. I looked at my watch and had ten min left to shoot when I saw two deer coming from my right and one has horns. At this point its late in the year and I want some ven. He stopped at 27 yards and looked at the does. When the smoke cleared he was laying right where I shot him. He is only a small racked 5 point but has a nice big body on him. I\'m happy with him.

Sorry about the blood.Hard to hide in the snow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back