i LOVE my new .22 pistol!

elky McElkerson

Mar 13, 2014
i have been working a lot. weekends and everything.

living where i live, it is a major event to go to a gun range. the closest one is full of knuckleheads. especially at the handgun section. i\'ve seen guys shooting with the sideways grip..like the movies. the place is crap as well. you pin your targets to rotted out pallets. it is a okay rifle range,but it is all AR guys..but the range is okay. except when everyone thinks they are a sniper and opts for the 400 yard target. all these snipers are typically overweight guys that can barely make the 400 yard walk. trust me, RANGE COLD is a very long duration.

soo..getting to a gun range requires planning. i drove 1.5 hours to eat sushi and shoot. met my BIL, took my wife..(literally baited her with sushi) nice indoor range. nice big windows, so i could easily see my wife roll her eye at me and her brother. haha.

my primary goal was to teach my BIL. wow, getting him to keep his finger off the trigger was a damn chore. i had to be stern. and he watched too much hollywood. he had to turn the gun perpendicular to his face (so it was aiming high to the left at the wall next to our faces to insert the magazine). i kept at it and he did get batter. stance and grip would come later..safety first.

anyways, i let him have all the headshots and centermass portions of the target. i aimed at the \"3\" on the shoulder. @10 yards. first shot EVER from the new gun. i hit the 3! that never happens. i forget how much fun a .22 is. relatively cheap..zero kick. all the same fun without the negatives.

where we hunt deer in NM..landowner has a parcel that he calls \"Grandmas house\"..it is the old family homestead. old run down homes..

thick with cottontail. i cant wait to take my .22 handgun there..it would be a challenge to centerpunch a bunny with the thing for sure.

I have shot a lot of rabbits and squirrels with my 22. I love my Ruger mark II with the 5 1/2\" bull barrel. Fun to shoot and hunt with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back