Idaho archery antelope

Bullhunter

Jan 2, 2013
Got drawn for an idaho archery antelope tag for unit 40, 41, 42. It's an unlimited archery tag unit but still excited. Good thing I live in unit 41 and know where the big speed goats are located.

Congrats on the draw. I drew Unit 39 (rifle) and love the fact that I live in Unit 39. So I can hunt my back yard.

Thanks, yeah its great to hunt in your backyard.  Dont have to go to far to look for them and can go out after or before work.

I'll be down in Salmon with an unlimited draw tag. Staying with a buddy I went to college with in Bozeman.  This will be my 3rd year doing this. No luck yet. Any advice?  Good luck to ya!

I have only ever rifle hunted for antelope so it will quite an experience with the bow. I did purchase an antelope heads up decoy and a bow mount. I also heard that antelope are attracted to white flags so you may be able to do that to bring them in. Good luck.  Oh and find a watering hole to sit and wait on. It should work well.

I'm hunting 46 archery. I'm hoping all the water hasn't dried up yet . The guys in the early hunt I know are all tagged out .

I have a good friend that runs the Clover Creek ranch out there for simplot.  Hes a great guy and if you ask him he will turn on the water out there for some of the troughs to help you out.  There are also two ponds that i know of that usually have water in them year around.

I have found a few just south of Glensferry . I was scouting it because I have a buddy in Hammett and it's close . A few bucks but nothing huge . I was thinking of clover creek but was unsure of the pressure down there . My first year hunting 46 . And to be honest , I spend my time scouting for my 31 rifle bull hunt in Oct when I should be scouting goats !

I bowhunted that unit last year for antelope and did not run into anyone archery antelope hunting. I saw a handful of great bucks running in herds up to 25 give or take a couple.

Did you hunt top or bottom? I hear Salmon falls area gets hammered .... I was thinking about the water holes south of Sailor creek but I know 3 bucks were killed out there 1st season and the water is going fast !

I usually hunt from the snake river all the way to the bottom of the unit. I have had great success spotting bucks just east of clover creek and also south about a mile towards the Bruneau canyon.

In years past I have came arcross big herds of goats behind the farm fields by the Bruneau Dunes.

Went out today for a drive to check out the burns (Unit 39) and what effect this is going to have on my draw tag. Still found good numbers (#35) total and 15 bucks with 6 of them good shooters.
My question is I have always been told that pronghorns will not jump fences. This is my first time hunting speed goats so I am just learning as I go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back